ABOUT THE TOWN

SELF-GOVERNMENT

INFORMATION

INSTITUTIONS

TOURISM

HISTORY

TV OF KOLÁROVO

PHOTO-GALLERY

FORUM

CONTACTS

 BASIC INFORMATION

The Town of Kolárovo (Gúta) is located in the Podunajská Lowland at the confluence of the Váh and Little Danube rivers. The western part of the plane land is on Great Rye Island, the medium part on boggy flats of the Little Danube, Váh, and Váh Danube rivers, the eastern part with many old shoulders and inland embankments at the flat of the Váh and Nitra rivers. About 11,000 inhabitants live between the dams at the Little Danube, out of which 82.6 % are of the Hungarian nationality, 16 % of the Slovak nationality and the rest 1.4 % of other nationality.

The village was mentioned for the first time in the year 1268 and during its existence it changed its name several times (Stará Gúta, Vežká Gúta, Malá Gúta). In the past, Žabí hrad (Frog Castle) (Békavár) stood on the land of the village, according to some sources also called Békevár (Castle of Piece), which was built under the rule of the Queen Marry in the year 1349. Since 1551 the village developed as a fortified market town with the right of market.







Copyright Š 2001 - 2016 Kolárovo, Design: g.biz,   email:webmaster@kolarovo.sk
Hlavná stránka slovensky magyar english deutsch